The decision to pursue a guardianship for your loved one can be a difficult and emotional one. Sudden changes, unforeseen circumstances or incapacitating illness may bring you to the realization that your loved one is unable to communicate or manage their healthcare or financial needs. If a guardianship is pursued through the court system, our attorneys take seriously the need for dedicated and caring advocacy during this process. Some of the ways we can help you during this process include:
1. Determining when a person’s mental status requires petitioning for guardianship with the court.
2. Assisting and guiding your family through the guardianship process from start to finish.
3. Representation in adversarial guardianship proceedings.
4. Representation in removal or modification of guardianship proceedings.
5. Advisement of guardians concerning their powers and responsibilities in administering the guardianship estate.