Holiday shopping can be time-consuming and stressful for any family. However, when a loved one is living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia, finding the perfect gift can be especially difficult.
It is important to keep in mind what stage of the disease your loved one is in as you begin your search. The following gift guide can help make your search stress-free this holiday season.
Gifts for Individuals in the Early Stages
- A family photo album
- Shoes with Velcro straps
- Large LED clock with time, date and day of the week
- Large puzzle books
- Simple board games
- Memory phone that holds pictures and numbers of loved ones
- Classic movies
- Classic music CDs.
Gifts for Individuals in the Middle Stages
- Automatic pill dispenser
- Adult coloring books
- Puzzles with large pieces
- Costume jewelry
- A visitor book
- Large print books
- Simple crafts
- Scented lotions
Gifts for Individuals in the Late Stages
- A fluffy bathrobe in a favorite color
- A sweat suit
- A doll or stuffed animal
- A heavy soft blanket
- Music on a CD that features music from your loved one’s child or teenage years.
- Slippers with non-stick soles
- A location tracking device
- A watercolor paint kit.
Gifts for Individuals in All Stages-
- Your Company- A visit from you can lift spirits, stir memories and provide comfort to your loved one. Simply being there with them can be the best present of all.